Contact Us To Secure Trusted Counsel. (310) 975-1080

Firm Articles & In The News

WorldStarHipHop Attys Score $95K In Fees After TM Win

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | Mar 17, 2022 | 0 Comments

By Jasmin Jackson · Listen to article Law360 (March 16, 2022, 7:00 PM EDT) -- A Georgia federal judge awarded counsel for entertainment platform WorldStarHipHop more than $95,000 in fees and expenses on Tuesday for helping the business obtain a $1.2 million default judgment in a trademark infringement suit over the use of its name and likeness.

Say Goodbye to the Back-end

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | Feb 28, 2022 | 0 Comments

“The only constant in life is change,” opined the Greek philosopher, Heraclitus. No business embodies this maxim quite like the movie business, which is currently in the throes of hammering out new prevailing formulas for compensating talent in the age of digital streaming. Starting with Netflix,...

Details on the Qualcomm case

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | Jun 16, 2021 | 0 Comments

The California-based company, Qualcomm, was a major player in creating the smartphones that nearly every person now owns, and they still perform a significant role in the smartphone industry. However, Qualcomm has not received good press lately. Ever since the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) file...

The Wrap

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | May 21, 2021 | 0 Comments

The Wrap May 14, 2021 By Daniel Goldblatt Marks accuses the company of underreporting international streaming revenue David Marks, an early member of The Beach Boys, has filed a class action lawsuit against UMG Recordings in which he accuses the company of shorting its artists millions of do...

Copyright Developments in 2020

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | May 12, 2021 | 0 Comments

Written by admin In Written by admin In By Neville L. Johnson and Douglas L. Johnson 2020 was an eventful year for the world of copyright law in the United States. The following cases are of particular interest. Authorship and Ownership Are Not One in the Same: Everly v. Everly This ...

Billboard

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | Apr 25, 2021 | 0 Comments

Written by admin In Billboard By Billboard Staff What Young Artists Must Ask Their Lawyer: “ ‘What am I signing?' A lot of young artists come to me without a decent understanding of the contracts they've previously signed, despite being represented by other counsel for those deals.” Nevill...

Variety

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | Feb 26, 2021 | 0 Comments

Written by admin In Variety February 23, 2021 By Gene Maddaus For years, Disney has been keeping 80% of the revenue from older shows that it distributes to streaming platforms, leaving only 20% to be available to stars and other profit participants. It does so by classifying the revenue as...

Deadline

Posted by Johnson & Johnson, LLP | Feb 04, 2021 | 0 Comments

‘Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' Universal TV/NBC Deadline February 2, 2021 5:47pm By Anthony D'Alessandro, Dominic Patten EXCLUSIVE: A growing dust-up over classic outer space hero Buck Rogers isn't a fight over rights, and it won't be warming up to become one if Legendary Entertainment has an...

  • 1 of 9

WE CAN PROVIDE THE FORTITUDE YOU NEED

At Johnson & Johnson, LLP, we believe that your voice deserves to be heard. Call us at (310) 975-1080 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation at our Beverly Hills office.

Menu