James T. Ryan
James T. Ryan is Of Counsel at Johnson & Johnson, LLP. He specializes in entertainment, class action,and complex business litigation matters. Mr. Ryan is an honors graduate from Indiana University-Bloomington where he received two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Speech Communications and Journalism in 1997. He then received his J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2000. Some of his significant experience includes:
* Handled numerous large-scale litigations, including copyright, breach of implied contract, and class actions for unfair business practices, including extensive experience in the fields of invasion of privacy, defamation, and business litigation.
* Second chaired six trials, including one jury trial in 2004 that resulted in an award for nearly $15 million in a business fraud case.
* Contributed to and authored over 30 appellate briefs to the California Court of Appeals and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
* Argued five times before the California Court of Appeals and once before the 9th Circuit.
* Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
* State Bar of California
* United States District Court for the Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of California
* United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit