Neville Johnson, a Founding Partner of Johnson & Johnson, LLP and named one of the top 100 Power Lawyers in entertainment law by the Hollywood Reporter and one of the most feared litigators in Hollywood joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in conjunction with the Legal Corner.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Neville Johnson discuss the following:
- Describe your job and why it is that someone would hire you?
- How did you get your break in the industry, and what was the case that made your name?
- Michael Ellis, a writer-producer, whose credits include The Jerk and the sitcom Head of the Class says about you: “He’s kind of the go-to guy if you feel you’ve been screwed by your agent, your studio or your network. He’s not afraid to take on the studios.” What do you say to that?
- You have successfully helped people such as the members of Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels, actor Jack Klugman and TV producer Glen Larson collect royalties that were being withheld. Why are you so confident of taking on the studios on behalf of the artist?
- Would you say that ‘Hollywood accounting’ is a law unto itself?
- You are representing – or have represented – Sony employees who are suing the studio over the breach of privacy caused by the computer hack the company suffered in 2014. What is it about that case that attracted you to it?
- What are the major changes you have seen in the entertainment industry in the last 40 years that’s impacted on your work?
- Regarding the music industry, what do you think of people like Jay Z, Beyonce, Usher, Chris Martin Alicia Keyes and others who started Tidal to try to protect the rights of artists? Do you think that it’s a good model?
- Tell us about your songwriting ‘alter ego’ Trevor McShane?
- What is it that compels you to write, and what do you get out of performing?
- Why did you start your own publishing company Cool Titles?
Neville L. Johnson is a founding partner of Johnson & Johnson, LLP. He specializes in media, entertainment, class action, privacy, and complex business litigation matters. Mr. Johnson is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, where he was Phi Beta Kappa. He received his law degree from Southwestern School of Law, graduating near the top of his class. For more on Neville L. Johnson click here.